It’s very important that you take care of your tattoo correctly. The right care of your tattoo in the first days is essential. But you also have to follow the instructions in the following weeks and months, not to say years.
Get the most important tips for your tattoo care here. In this manual we will tell you step by step what you have to do. By following these instructions you will hopefully be very happy with your tattoo for a long time.
General handling (from day 1)
- Please only touch your tattoo with clean hands.
- After about 4 hours, remove the plastic foil and clean your tattoo with pH-neutral soap and/or lukewarm water.
- Let your tattoo air dry afterwards or pat it dry with a lint-free paper towel.
- Apply a thin layer of Giahi tattoo cream. If it‘s possible to let your tattoo breathe there is no need for another plastic foil. If not, and your tattoo will be in contact with clothings of any kind (jeans, socks, shirts, etc), we recommend to cover it with a fresh plastic foil.
- Repeat this process every 3 to 4 hours.
During the healing phase (1. week)
- If possible, clean your tattoo during the day and apply a thin layer of Giahi tattoo cream afterwards.
- Avoid skinny clothes.
- During sleep you should always use a fresh plastic foil.
- Avoid going into the sun, solarium, sauna and bathing.
- Do as little sport as possible.
During the healing phase (2. week)
- Clean your tattoo 3 to 4 times a day and apply a thin layer of Giahi tattoo cream afterwards.
- Still avoid going into the sun, solarium, sauna and bathing.
- If any scab occurs, please don‘t scratch. It will fall off eventually by itself.
- Redness, swelling, itching, and sometimes a slightly feverish feeling are possible reactions after getting a tattoo and no cause for concern. But should you have any doubts, you may call anytime during our opening hours or come by directly in one of our stores.
- These are general informations. Every tattoo has to be treated different, depending on the applying process and body part. We glady will explain how to specifically take care of your tattoo.
From the 6. week on
After it‘s fully healed, not every line and shading of your tattoo may be still in the same condition. Because of that you should come by to our store after about six weeks, so we can evaluate if there is need to redo parts of your tattoo. This will be free of charge, only however if it‘s not due to a lack of proper care.
And for the rest of your life
In order for your tattoo to retains its colours you should use the right suncream during the first year:
- At least protective factor 25 with black‘n‘grey tattoos.
- At least protective factor 50 with colour tattoos.
- Especially with colour tattoos we recommend to use protective factor 50 all life long.
If you have any questions, please don‘t hesistate to contact us any time during our opening hours. Your Giahi team will gladly help you.